Saturday, March 28, 2009

day 39 : happy early birthday!

day 39: Monday is Ben's birthday and we were invited to a potluck (unrelated to the birthday) today so I decided that as our contribution to the meal I'd bake a cake. It's been a VERY long time since I baked a cake and it was fun to revisit my old hobby. It was even more delicious than I remember although I'm glad it was... because it took me pretty much the entire day to make it :) The poorly piped lemon on top is to show that it was a lemon cake. Mmmm lemon buttercream :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Jean told me this blog is being updated again so I decided to check it out! :) Awesome cake, Katy. It looks pretty fancy and sounds tasty! I also love the pic below of the Peanuts with their veggies in their Thing 1 and Thing 2 tees. How cute! :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

 
Google Analytics Alternative