Wednesday, August 1, 2007

day 145 : more flash nerdiness

day 145: So there's a lot of discussion these days about people describing themselves as "natural light photographers" and whether or not that means that they just don't know how to use their flashes. I personally think that whether or not "natural light photographers" know how to use flashes, there are situations when the difference between a snapshot and a real quality photo is some killer lighting. Now I'm definitely not claiming to have killer lighting, but I am reading all I can and practicing as much as possible to make sure I know how to use my flash. These are just a few shots from today, one without (above) and one with a flash bounced off the wall (below). Maybe not the most amazing change, but I think it helps a lot.
 
Google Analytics Alternative