Sunday, August 5, 2007

day 147 & 148 : exhausted!!

day 147: This is a crazy new thing, posting two days at once but I didn't have a choice! After the late night of model building on Thursday night I decided to take Friday off and go help my friend Suzanne (who's a pastry chef) to work on the wedding cake that she was to deliver on Saturday night. I don't know how she does it because let me tell you that is HARD work! We worked all day Friday and when I got home I just passed out on the couch. I got this one shot (above) before actually passing out when Ben got the next one (below). Not flattering but hilarious! It totally describes how I felt!

day 148: On Saturday we got up and did it all again. The cake was a massive and extremely tasty multi-flavor, multi-tiered affair that was actually quite beautiful, and then once assembled and finished, got covered in a web of spun sugar. The bride is a sculptor and designed the cake this way so in addition to filling, stacking, and covering the cake, we also had to spin a huge amount of sugar on site to adhere to the cake. It was a huge undertaking and another EXTREMELY long day! The cake only actually existed like this for about 5 minutes before the sugar was ripped off and the cake was cut, but it was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

 
Google Analytics Alternative