Thursday, September 13, 2007

day 188 : new toy!

day 188: This evening while I was still at work Ben ran out and got me a new lens I've had my eye on for a while. The Canon 50 1.8 I picked up is truly a toy with its lightweight plastic construction and super low price, but I still think it's going to take some amazing shots. For you photographers out there, yes, I know that the 1.4 is better but at 3 times the price it wasn't something we wanted to do for now. Plus this one can definitely throw the background out of focus and the 1.8 aperture is still a heck of a lot better than the 2.8 on my 50mm macro. I'm excited to start playing with it at a wedding I'm shooting with Crissy this weekend!

2 comments:

erika d. said...

Yea for the 1.8! I got it a few months ago and really like it. Glad you're back in action!!

Christine Farah Photography said...

YAY for new lenses!! I think I wanna go get me another new one too...total addiction. :) And umm woman how come you aren't using some of these kick ass images at the top for your website????

 
Google Analytics Alternative