Friday, February 20, 2009

day 4 : ring-a-ma-bob

day 4: For valentine's day Ben got me a macro ring flash. Supposedly it's useful for taking macro shots since while you're super close to things you block out available light with your body and camera, this puts the light really close to your subject. What Ben REALLY got it for though was a clever trick to get babies to look at the camera. They love lights and this puts the light right at the lens so they'll stare at it. It's pretty bright so I don't think I'll put it in their face very often... but maybe sometimes :) Anyhow, we were testing it out. It leaves a kind of eerily even tone to the picture, but it does make fancy circular catch lights in the eyes. Hmn. I think I need more practice with it.

0

No comments:

 
Google Analytics Alternative